Defending Against Texas DWI Charges: Strategies to Protect Your Rights
Facing driving while intoxicated (DWI) charges in Texas can be a distressing and overwhelming experience. A DWI conviction cRead More
September 12, 2020
Friends- This is The indictment that should be returned.
Robb Fickman, Houston, Texas
United States District Court
For the District of Columbia
United States of America
Donald John Trump
The Grand Jury Charges:
In January 2016, Donald Trump was sworn in as President of the United States. As President of the United States Donald Trump had a duty to protect and defend the American people.
( 18 USC 1112(a) )
From in or around January 1, 2020 through in or around September 11, 2020, in the District of Columbia and elsewhere, the Defendant Donald Trump did unlawfully cause the deaths of Americans, without malice. Donald Trump did cause such deaths by taking actions without due caution and circumspection that said actions might produce deaths.
Donald Trump committed involuntary manslaughter by, without due caution and circumspection, repeatedly making misleading statements which might produce the death of Americans. Specifically, Donald Trump, without due caution and circumspection, repeatedly made false and misleading statements to the American people regarding Covid-19. At all times Donald Trump knew his statements were false and misleading. At all times Donald Trump knew his false and misleading statements would cause some Americans not to take protective measures against the dangers of Covid-19. In so acting, Donald Trump did cause the deaths of innumerable Americans.
Manner and Means of the Involuntary Manslaughter
The manner and means by which the Defendant Donald Trump committed involuntary manslaughter included, among other things:
1. The Trump administration was warned they would very likely face a global pandemic. The outgoing Obama administration warned the Trump team. Again in 2017, Dr Anthony Fauci warned the Trump administration that the federal government must prepare for a global pandemic.
2. As early as November 2019 , the White House was made aware of a report from the National Center for Medical Intelligence regarding COVID-19.“Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event,”
3. By early January 2020, President Donald Trump was provided intelligence briefings regarding the pandemic. He knew the Pandemic would cause a deadly threat to the American people.
4. Thereafter, from January 2020 through September 2020, Donald Trump, for his own purposes, knowingly repeatedly sought to publicly minimize the threat of the pandemic.
5. On January 22, 2020, At the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Trump said “We have it totally under control,”.
6. On January 24, 2020, Trump tweeted, “ China has been working very hard to contain the Coronavirus. The United States greatly appreciates their efforts and transparency. It will all work out well. In particular, on behalf of the American People, I want to thank President Xi!”
7. On January 29, 2020, Trump tweeted the experts “are on top of it.”
8. On February 4, 2020, Donald Trump delivered his State of the Union Speech. During the speech Trump spoke less than one minute about the pandemic.
9. On February 7, 2020, Trump tweeted China “will be successful” in stopping the coronavirus, “especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker, and then gone.”
10. On February 10, 2020, Trump at a rally , Trump stated that “in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.”
11. On February 24, 2020, Trump tweeted , “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA.”
12. On February 25, 2020, Donald Trump stated that the virus is “a problem that’s going to go away.”Trump stated “You may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re all getting better. … As far as what we’re doing with the new virus, I think that we’re doing a great job.”
13. On February 26, 2020, Trump stated ,“ Because of all we’ve done, the risk to the American people remains very low.
14. On February 28, 2020, Trump stated , “ It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.”
15. As of September 11, 2020, over 180,000 Americans had died from Covid 19.
16. In September 2020, Donald Trump was revealed to have knowingly and intentionally repeatedly lied to the American people by purposely minimizing the dangers of Covid-19. In so doing, Donald Trump caused Americans to take inadequate precautions to protect their own lives.
Without due caution and circumspection, Donald Trump
repeatedly made misleading statements which caused the death of Americans.
All in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1112.
A TRUE BILL
The client believed to be facing potential Wire Fraud Charges related to SBA PPP loan applications. Investigation of applications for PPP loans and PPP forgiveness demonstrated that the Client had at all times acted in a lawful manner. Investigation demonstrated no fraud was committed by the client. Case closed.
Client was charged by Federal Indictment with making a social media post that threatened Malicious Damage and Destruction of a Building by Means of Fire and Explosives in violation of Federal law. The Defense showed that Client was a law-abiding citizen. The Defense further showed that the alleged threat was not made with any criminal intent.
The client, a public official with a long history of public service, was accused by a former girlfriend of engaging in non-consensual sexual relations. The Defense investigation and analysis showed through a detailed timeline that the allegation made absolutely no sense. Phone records, including calls and texts, were relied on to help establish an accurate timeline. The Defense met with law enforcement and reviewed a detailed package that exonerated the accused.
Client, a Houston area professional who frequently travels for work, was accused by his wife of assaulting her in his family home. Defense showed that wife’s story lacked credibility and there was no physical evidence in support of the wife’s allegation.
The client, a young Black male, was driving his car when police pulled him over for no apparent reason. It looked to be a profile stop. The client was accused of possessing a controlled substance in his vehicle. The Defense showed that there was no lawful basis for the police to stop the Client’s car. The Defense also showed that there was no lawful basis for the search of the Client’s car. It was a bad search, so the seized evidence was not admissible.
Client charged in Federal Indictment In “Operation Wrecking Ball” with 55 named co-defendants. Client faced seven charges. Client was charged with Conspiracy to Distribute Cocaine and Conspiracy to Engage in Money Laundering. Client was also charged with four counts of Distribution of Cocaine and one count of Money laundering.
Allegations involved client’s alleged use of his home to distribute cocaine. Government’s lengthy investigation involved numerous wiretaps, surveillance, video, pole cams, search warrants, vehicle stops and use of cooperating co-defendants.
Client went to trial with four remaining defendants. After a two-week trial, Judge granted Motion for Acquittal on four of the seven charges. Jury found Client Not Guilty of remaining three charges.
Client charged in Federal Court with two counts of Wire Fraud related to Five SBA EIDL loan applications. The Government alleged the client, a Houston professional, defrauded the Small Business Administration out of over $150,000. The Government also found the intended loss was over half a million dollars. The Client faced up to 20 years in prison on each count. The Defense investigated the case and negotiated a deal that included the Government not opposing a probation. The Federal Guideline calculation was for a prison sentence and the Probation Department recommended a prison sentence. Attorney Fickman submitted a 90 page Defense Sentencing Memorandum asking for Probation.
Client was retired professional. Client was accused of being involved in a road rage incident in 1960 Area. Defense put together a 100 page memorandum that demonstrated complainant was actual aggressor.
Client was accused of touching child. Case involved thousands of pages of psychiatric and Child Protective Services records as well as investigations by multiple police departments. After three- year fight, case dismissed.
Client accused of shoving and knocking down family member causing injury. After investigation, charges were dismissed.
Facing driving while intoxicated (DWI) charges in Texas can be a distressing and overwhelming experience. A DWI conviction can result in severe penalties, including fines, license suspension, mandatory ignition interlock devices, and jail time. A first offense driving while intoxicated …
Murder is one of the most serious crimes, carrying severe penalties, including the loss of liberty or even life. Given the serious nature of a murder allegation it is important that all potential defenses be zealously explored. Various defenses can …
When we think of trials, we often imagine a jury of our peers deliberating and reaching a verdict. However, the bench trial is another option in the Texas legal system. In a bench trial, the judge acts as the fact-finder …