In Texas, as in many other states, state and federal law enforcement have been grappling with the national opioid epidemic. This has led to increased scrutiny and stricter regulations surrounding the prescription and distribution of controlled substances. In recent years, …
Houston Assault Charges Defense Lawyer
Assault charges can arise from a domestic dispute or other types of conflict. Often these charges boil down to a swearing match between you and another person. Unfortunately, no matter how justified you believe your actions were, if convicted, you could be sent to jail, fined, and left with a permanent criminal record. If divorced, your visitation rights may be affected, and your personal movements restricted by a restraining order.
If a restraining order is issued against you, federal law requires that you not have any firearms. Additionally, you could lose your job if your employer has a zero-tolerance policy regarding criminal convictions. As your attorney, I do everything I can to develop a strong defense so you are not convicted of a crime due to a misunderstanding, false testimony, or a situation where you acted in self-defense.
I have over 39 years of experience in defending people charged with assault, aggravated assault, spousal abuse, and other violent offenses. I know from experience how easy it is for someone to be arrested on assault charges based on false statements. The same is true of domestic violence charges.
I represent people charged with assault in cases involving the following:
– Bar fight
– Road Rage
– Dispute with a neighbor
– Parking lot fight
– Fight at a sports event
A SUMMARY OF CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY ROBERT FICKMAN’S CREDENTIALS
- Robert Fickman has been a criminal defense attorney in Houston for 40+ Years.
- Robert Fickman has handled and won a vast array of cases in State and Federal Court
- Robert Fickman has argued many cases before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Robert Fickman has had an AV Rating (the highest rating) with Martindale Hubbell for over 20 years.
- Robert Fickman has been named a “Texas Super Lawyer” since 2015.
- Robert Fickman is well-respected by his peers and he has received numerous awards.
- Robert Fickman was the President of the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association (HCCLA) from 2006-2007.
- Robert Fickman is a past Board Member of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (TCDLA).
- Robert Fickman serves on the HCCLA and TCDLA Strike Forces where he is called upon to come to the aid of other criminal defense lawyers.
- Robert Fickman is an outstanding public speaker. Robert Fickman was on the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers “Best of 2010 Speakers,” “Best of 2014 “Speakers Disk,” and “Best of 2022 Speakers.”
- Robert Fickman was named “Mr. Declaration of Independence.” in the Texas State Bar Journal for his volunteerism.