Driving while intoxicated (DWI) is a severe crime. In Texas, most first-offense DWIs are Class B misdemeanor offenses. First-offense misdemeanor DWIs in Texas expose a client to a potential sentence of up to 6 months in jail. However, suppose there …
Houston Sex Crimes Lawyer
- False Accusations
- Sex Crimes Investigations
- Child Pornography
- Indecency With A Child
- Online Solicitation of a Child
- When Teachers Are Accused
It is not uncommon for an innocent person to be charged with a sex crime. Some of the people who most often face false sex crimes allegations include:
- School teachers
- A parent during a divorce or custody battle
- An estranged boyfriend, or more uncommonly, girlfriend
- A stepfather
I’m Robert J. Fickman, an experienced sex crimes defense lawyer in Houston, Texas. With over 39+ years of experience, I have defended people charged with all types of sex offenses, including statutory rape, child molestation, sexual assault, indecency with a child, child pornography, solicitation of a minor, online solicitation of a child, and Internet sex crimes. I’ve learned from experience that the police and district attorney are quick to believe allegations of sex crimes, often without a thorough investigation.
One of the most common sex crimes is indecency with a child. This crime involves touching a child’s breast or genital area, even if the child is fully clothed. Defending these cases requires knowledge of children and child psychology and the circumstances surrounding the alleged criminal events. In my opinion, to develop a strong defense, you must first recognize the realities of our criminal justice system. In my opinion, the presumption of innocence does not exist. In this country, anyone accused of a serious crime is presumed guilty by the public. You must be prepared to prove your innocence to stand a chance. As your lawyer, my job is to do my best to develop a strong defense to prove your innocence. As your lawyer, my job is to do my best to win your case by proving your innocence.
In defending a sex crimes allegation, I attempt to conduct thorough investigations, including the relationships between all of the parties, to find out if a child could have been influenced in any way; whether anyone had a motive to plant an idea in a child’s mind, or whether the child had a motive to make up the allegations. I have defended many school teachers in cases referred to me by the Texas State Teachers’ Association over the years. It is important to ensure that false allegations and situations when teachers are accused are taken seriously, as these can have a lasting impact on your entire life. If you have been charged with or are under investigation for a sex crime, contact Houston sex crimes defense attorney Robert J. Fickman to discuss your case today.
A SUMMARY OF CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY ROBERT FICKMAN’S CREDENTIALS
- Robert Fickman has been a criminal defense attorney in Houston for 38 Years.
- Robert Fickman has handled and won many cases in State and Federal Court.
- Robert Fickman has argued many cases before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Robert Fickman has had an AV Rating (the highest rating) with Martindale Hubbell for over 20 years.
- Robert Fickman has been named a “Texas Super Lawyer” since 2015.
- Robert Fickman is well-respected by his peers and has received numerous awards.
- Robert Fickman was the President of the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association (HCCLA) from 2006-2007.
- Robert Fickman is a past Board Member of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (TCDLA).
- Robert Fickman serves on the HCCLA and TCDLA Strike Forces, where he is called upon to come to the aid of other criminal defense lawyers.
- Robert Fickman is an outstanding public speaker. Robert Fickman was on the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers “Best of 2010 Speakers” and “Best of 2014 “Speakers Disk.”
- Robert Fickman was named “Mr. Declaration of Independence.” in the Texas State Bar Journal for his volunteerism.