In Texas, as in many other states, state and federal law enforcement have been grappling with the national opioid epidemic. This has led to increased scrutiny and stricter regulations surrounding the prescription and distribution of controlled substances. In recent years, …
Houston Internet Crimes Defense Lawyer
Internet and telecommunication crimes such as identity theft and child pornography are ever-evolving areas of the law. Many of these cases are charged in federal court, which means you could be subject to harsh sentencing with no possibility of parole.
I defend people charged with all types of Internet crimes, including sex crimes.
One of the most common Internet sex crimes is possession of child pornography. These can be difficult cases since a forensic evaluation of a computer by the federal government can reveal anything that has ever been on that computer. The defense in child pornography cases often involves search and seizure issues.
Prosecutors file chat room sex charges regularly. In such a case, a person may be accused of engaging in Internet sex chat with someone representing themselves as an underage person. The chat room investigations are typically conducted by the police or federal agents who represent themselves as underage children. In internet crime cases, I may employ the services of a forensic computer analyst to help develop a defense.
In Internet sex cases, I may encourage my clients to have a psychological evaluation. If someone has led his life in a law-abiding fashion and suddenly engages in behavior that is not normal for them, that fact may be considered in formulating a defense.
A SUMMARY OF CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY ROBERT FICKMAN’S CREDENTIALS
- Robert Fickman has been a criminal defense attorney in Houston for 40+ Years.
- Robert Fickman has handled and won a vast array of cases in State and Federal Court.
- Robert Fickman has argued many cases before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Robert Fickman has had an AV Rating (the highest rating) with Martindale Hubbell for over 20 years.
- Robert Fickman has been named a “Texas Super Lawyer” since 2015.
- Robert Fickman is well-respected by his peers, and he has received numerous awards.
- Robert Fickman was the President of the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association (HCCLA) from 2006-2007.
- Robert Fickman is a past Board Member of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (TCDLA).
- Robert Fickman serves on the HCCLA and TCDLA Strike Forces, where he is called upon to come to the aid of other criminal defense lawyers.
- Robert Fickman is an outstanding public speaker. Robert Fickman was on the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers “Best of 2010 Speakers,” “Best of 2014 “Speakers Disk,” and “Best of 2022 Speakers.”
- Robert Fickman was named “Mr. Declaration of Independence.” in the Texas State Bar Journal for his volunteerism.