Federal Bank fraud is a serious offense that carries severe legal consequences. Federal law vigorously protects against fraudulent activities targeting financial institutions. If you face Federal bank fraud allegations, it is crucial to understand the potential consequences and the importance …
Houston Fraud Charges Defense Lawyer
In the past 40+ years, I have defended people charged with every kind of fraud allegation, including wire, mail, telemarketing, mortgage, bank, credit card, health care, and insurance fraud.
In fraud and other white-collar cases, the government throws a giant net and sometimes catches the wrong fish. You may be caught up in a net you do not belong in.
In my opinion, to develop a strong defense, you must first recognize the realities of our criminal justice system. In my opinion, the presumption of innocence does not exist. In this country, anyone accused of a serious crime is presumed guilty by the public. You must be prepared to prove your innocence to stand a chance. As your lawyer, my job is to do my best to develop a strong defense to prove your innocence. As your lawyer, I will do my best to win your case by proving your innocence.
In fraud cases, there are available defenses I may be able to use. In many fraud cases, people get involved in what appears to be a legitimate business transaction, only to find out later that someone else involved was doing something. You may be an honest investor who is now charged with fraud.
Here are some of the fraud charges I have defended against
Mortgage fraud – People legitimately involved in a real estate transaction as a builder, contractor, lender, processor, broker, or home buyer might be accused of mortgage fraud. The charge often involves an accusation of a fraudulent loan application, in which money or equity was skimmed off the top. The consequences of a conviction can be devastating since the sentence is largely determined by the amount of fraud, which often involves millions of dollars.
Healthcare fraud – People charged with healthcare fraud include doctors, medical assistants, nurses, clinic owners, and healthcare service businesses. The person charged is often accused of submitting fraudulent bills to insurance companies, Medicare, or Medicaid. Healthcare fraud charges usually include a count of conspiracy. Large sums of money are involved in health care fraud, so the consequences of a conviction are very serious, involving potentially lengthy jail sentences.
Bank fraud – People charged with bank fraud are typically bank officers and people who make loan applications. The typical allegation is that a bank officer approved a loan they should not have approved in exchange for money.
Mail, wire, and telemarketing fraud – Wire and mail fraud are often linked to telemarketing fraud or Ponzi-type schemes. The people charged often include innocent investors.
A SUMMARY OF CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY ROBERT FICKMAN’S CREDENTIALS
- Robert Fickman has been a criminal defense attorney in Houston for 40+ Years.
- Robert Fickman has handled over 300 Federal Cases.
- Robert Fickman has kept some clients from being charged in Federal Court.
- Robert Fickman has obtained the dismissal of some Federal Charges.
- Robert Fickman has gone to trial in Federal Court and obtained acquittals on all charges for some clients. In 2022, Robert Fickman went to trial in United States v. Rebolledo. Robert Fickman’s client was the ONLY client in the entire case to be acquitted on all charges.
- Robert Fickman has argued many cases before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Robert Fickman has had an AV Rating (the highest rating) with Martindale Hubbell for over 20 years.
- Robert Fickman has been named a “Texas Super Lawyer” since 2015.
- Robert Fickman is well-respected by his peers, and he has received numerous awards.
- Robert Fickman was the President of the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association (HCCLA) from 2006-2007.
- Robert Fickman is a past Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (TCDLA) board member.
- Robert Fickman serves on the HCCLA and TCDLA Strike Forces, where he is called upon to come to the aid of other criminal defense lawyers.
- Robert Fickman is an outstanding public speaker. Robert Fickman was on the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers’ “Best of 2010 Speakers”, “Best of 2014 Speakers,” and “Best of 2022 Speakers Disc.”
- Robert Fickman was named “Mr. Declaration of Independence.” in the Texas State Bar Journal for his volunteerism.