Driving while intoxicated (DWI) is a severe crime. In Texas, most first-offense DWIs are Class B misdemeanor offenses. First-offense misdemeanor DWIs in Texas expose a client to a potential sentence of up to 6 months in jail. However, suppose there …
Houston Drug Possession Charges Lawyer
If convicted of drug possession in Texas, you face jail time, expensive fines, and the likelihood of a permanent criminal record. Additionally, you will likely lose your driver’s license, be disqualified for government-backed student loans, and be deported if you are not a US citizen.
While marijuana possession under 2 ounces is a class B misdemeanor, any amount of heroin, cocaine, ecstasy, or methamphetamine is considered a felony and is a very serious offense In cases where larger amounts of drugs are involved, the law assumes you are involved in narcotics trafficking, increasing the penalties even more.
For these reasons, it’s essential to work with an experienced criminal defense attorney familiar with the tactics police use in conducting questionable car stops and unconstitutional searches while failing to determine who actually owns the drugs in question.
Possession of Illegal Drugs
I represent people charged with drug possession involving the following:
- Pain Killers
- Mushrooms (Psilocybin)
- Illegal prescription drugs
- Fighting Drug Possession Charges
Too often, over-zealous officers don’t follow constitutional procedures or decide to “improvise” in the field to “get an arrest.” In the process, they violate the Fourth Amendment by conducting an illegal car stop or by making an illegal entry into a home. As a criminal defense attorney, I’m familiar with the kinds of tactics police use to conduct questionable searches or extract confessions from people they’ve detained in interrogative custody. I point to conflicting testimony on the part of officers, use dashboard camera video footage when possible, and expose misleading police reports to suppress evidence and have the charges against my client dropped.
A SUMMARY OF CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY ROBERT FICKMAN’S CREDENTIALS
- Robert Fickman has been a criminal defense attorney in Houston for 38 Years.
- Robert Fickman has handled and won a vast array of cases in State and Federal Court
- Robert Fickman has argued many cases before the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Robert Fickman has had an AV Rating (the highest rating) with Martindale Hubbell for over 20 years.
- Robert Fickman has been named a “Texas Super Lawyer” since 2015.
- Robert Fickman is well-respected by his peers and he has received numerous awards.
- Robert Fickman was the President of the Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association (HCCLA) from 2006-2007.
- Robert Fickman is a past Board Member of the Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association (TCDLA).
- Robert Fickman serves on the HCCLA and TCDLA Strike Forces where he is called upon to come to the aid of other criminal defense lawyers.
- Robert Fickman is an outstanding public speaker. Robert Fickman was on the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers “Best of 2010 Speakers” and “Best of 2014 “Speakers Disk.”
- Robert Fickman was named “Mr. Declaration of Independence.” in the Texas State Bar Journal for his volunteerism.